By God’s grace and mercy, we will celebrate our annual St. Katherine Feastday the weekend of November 24 and 25, 2012:
- Saturday (Nov-24) - Great Vespers will be celebrated in our sanctuary at 6 pm with Artoclasia service (Blessing of the Five Loaves) and anointing from the altar vigil lamp. A reception for all visitors will then follow in the Community Center.
- Sunday (Nov-25) – Matins and Divine Liturgy at the usual times of 8:30 am and 9:30 am.
- Sunday (After Liturgy) – We will welcome Fr. Philemon, Presvytera Maria and their three children (Niko, Eleni, and Markella) at our Annual Feastday Luncheon, during which our parish ministries will share their visions of the future for the St. Katherine community.
Orthodox Christian clergy from throughout the Naples and Ft. Myers areas are invited to join in the joyous celebration.
This year it will be our special honor and blessing to have with us Metropolitan Alexios’ new Ierokyrix (Sacred Herald/Homilist) and Pnevmatikos (Spiritual Guide) of the Atlanta Metropolis, the Very Rev. Archimandrite Fr. Christodoulos Papadeas*.
In addition to being with us throughout our Feastday celebrations, Fr. Christodoulos’ itinerary at St. Katherine will be as follows:
- Friday (Nov-23) – Matins 8:30 am / Liturgy 9:30 am ; 6 pm Vespers
- Sat. (Nov-24) and Mon (Nov-26) – Confession and Spiritual Council (8 -11 am) during Divine Liturgy. Services are scheduled for the usual times (Matins 8:30 am / Liturgy 9:30 am).
- Mon. (Nov-26) – 6 pm Vespers; 7 pm, you are also invited to join us in meeting with Fr, Christodouls, together with the Education, Culture, Youth and Diakonia Committee, and all the ministry leaders, for a short Ministry Leaders dialogue.
Fr. Philemon Patitsas and Fr. Christodoulos Papadeas are classmates from their Master of Divinity studies at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, and longtime friends, as are the entire Papadeas and Patitsas families.
Please join me in welcoming Fr. Christodoulos to St. Katherine and Naples.
*Please Note – Archimandrite Christodoulos (Papadeas), originally of Denver, CO is a graduate of our Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology. He was ordained as an Archimandrite (priest-monk) at the Holy Archangel Michael Mission-Monastery of Thari, Rhodes in Greece. In Denver he founded the Hesychasteirion, “The Brotherhood of Saint George“. Most recently, he served as Chancellor of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Zealand for Archbishiop Amphilochios Tsoukas, his Geronda and Abbot at Holy Archangel Michael.