Islamic Influence in US Charter Schools
CBS 60 MINUTES: U.S. charter schools tied to powerful Turkish imam
– By Leslie Stahl – FOLLOWED BY
MR. JOHN ZAVITSANOS, Esq.
Danger TO OUR CHILDREN? – HELLENIC RESPONSE
FRIDAY, 23 JANUARY 2015 • 7 PM IN ST. KATHERINE’S CULTURAL HALL
|WHO IS FETHULLAH GULEN?|
• He lives in seclusion in a large estate in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania.
• Over the past decade, followers of this mysterious Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen have opened scores of charter schools in the U.S., inspired by a man who is as powerful as he is reclusive – Lesley Stahl reports.
• There are nearly 200 such charter schools in the USA
• About 50 of them in Texas; about 12 of them in Florida. How many are in your home state?
• Are these dangerous for our children?
• What are we to do?WHO IS JOHN ZAVITSANOS?
• Mr. Zavitsanos is one of the Top 100 Texas Lawyers on the Super Lawyers lists
• He is a strong advocate of our Judeo-Christian-Humanistic culture.
• He is an Archon of our Church & led a very successful Exarch’s Fundraising Appeal.
• He serves on a five-member committee of the Ecumenical Patriarch to initiate human rights litigation against the government of Turkey before the European Courts of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France.
• He served as Parish Council President for 3 terms at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Houston, Texas.
• He was Board President of the very successful Annunciation Greek Charter School,”The School of Hearts and Minds“, in Houston.
ADMISSION IS FREE • LIGHT REFRESHMENTS • Q & A TO FOLLOW